If you have installed on your machine the Steam client, perhaps today, after an upgrade to the client, you may receive a failed to initiate library error like the one in the title “Failed to load steamui.dylib”
I’ve searched for a fix to this problem on Valve forum, but nothing has worked for me. After tried different “solutions”, after that I’ve realised that I should try to install a new copy of Steam client, to overwrite existing files to see if it works.
How to fix failed to load steamui.dylib
- Open steampowered.com
- Download Steam client dmg
- Open Steam.dmg and copy the app to /Application folder on Mac OS X
After restart open the Steam app, and you should see that the app is self-updateing again and you can keep your older files, already installed.
I hope it works for you too.
1. Comentariile fițoșilor, îngâmfațiilor și atotștiutorilor vor dispărea instantaneu!
2. Voia bună este la ea acasă, comentează acum!
3. Orice comentariu, este aprobat automat, dar poate fi șters fără explicații!